In todays hectic world, bread has lost its way. What we eat now is not what nature nor the classical bakers has originally intended. Some say we need a bread revolution, and this may be true. We see a need to return to the time honoured traditions that has preceded the day that enzymes and additives were injected into our daily breads.
Our goal is to recreate the old World traditions using baking techniques and international recipes barely changed in centuries: 4 pure, natural & healthy ingredients (flour, salt, yeast and water), slow natural proofing and baking, real slow. Yes, we have chosen the hard way. But it pays off in taste, quality and health.
- Flour: no GMO, Australian and Canadian grain is best suited for our breads. These grains are then blended and milled in Italy.
- Water: an Austrian patented system purifies our water from chemicals and rejuvenates it with ions, bringing its profile as close as you can get to spring water.
- Salt: Fleur de sel is a hand-harvested sea salt collected by workers who scrape only the top layer of salt before it sinks to the bottom of large salt pans. This natural salt has a high quality mineral profile and a unique flavour.
- Yeast: saccharomyces cerevisiae, is the leavening agent.
- The Process: it takes 12 to 24 hours of natural proofing. And we don't put any "chemical pressure" for this to take place in shorter time.
- The Staff: Master Bakers and Pastry Chefs who are passionate about their job.
And throughout we add in the 5th element: Passion. Priceless.
We care for your health as much as ours!